Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wade On Radio: WMVP 1000-AM

Miami star Dwyane Wade, a native of southwest suburban Robbins, had some interesting comments during an appearance on the "Waddle and Silvy Show" on WMVP 1000-AM.

On Amare Stoudemire trade rumors floating around the Bulls and the Heat: "You've got to be patient and you've got to build your team slowly. There are only certain teams like the Celtics and Lakers that can make one move and be in the championship right away. Other teams have to wait their turn and build their teams."

On the idea of playing for the Bulls someday: "I grew up watching the Bulls and just loving them. They became a part of my DNA as a basketball player. It only crossed my mind because people bring it up all of the time.

"Really, I'm kind of glad I didn't get drafted to Chicago. I'm kind of glad I got an opportunity to really make a name for myself somewhere else. It's a little tougher when you're from there, and Derrick Rose is doing a great job dealing with it. Big ups to him for that." Source: Arlington Heights Daily Herald

No comments:

Post a Comment