Thursday, July 2, 2009

Artest To Lakers? Iverson To Grizzlies? No Luck For Heat?

Ron Artest has told Ken Berger of CBSSports.com that he will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"I'm definitely going to L.A. -- to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now."

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financial manager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

The parameters of the deal still need to be agreed upon, however.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they got me." Source: Source: CBSSports.com



Iverson Interested In Joining Grizzlies

Allen Iverson has made it known through his representatives that he is interested in signing with the Memphis Grizzlies, according to multiple sources.

The Grizzlies front office is said to be internally weighing the pros and cons of possibly adding Iverson to the team's youth movement. Source: Commercial Appeal

No comments:

Post a Comment