Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Boozer to the Bulls not good for the Heat

Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer appeared on WMVP’s “Waddle and Silvy Show” Tuesday morning and pretty much said what Bulls fans – if they are pro-Boozer – would want to hear:

--He believes he’ll be traded relatively soon.

--He’d love to play for the Bulls.

--He’s open to signing a contract extension and skipping free agency next year.

--He’s tight with Miami’s Dwyane Wade. The Bulls’ ultimate goal appears to be trading for Boozer this summer, while also clearing enough cap room to encourage Wade to come home next summer as a free agent.

As a refresher, Boozer has averaged at least 20 points and 10 rebounds in two of the last three seasons. Anyway, here’s the interview:

Q: Do you think you will be traded?
A: Yeah I do. I had a talk with the Jazz. The Jazz told me they want to go in a different direction and I respect their decision. We mutually agreed to work out a trade that was beneficial for them and beneficial for my family and me. So with that being said I’m gonna be traded relatively soon or in good time.

Q: Will you be traded to the Chicago Bulls?
A: I definitely heard a little rumbling about it. Whether it will go down or not, that’s kind of between the Jazz and Chicago. But obviously if I did get traded to Chicago, I’d love to be a part of the Bulls.

Q: What is feeling about the Chicago Bulls organization?
A: Great organization, top notch from top to bottom. They do things very professionally there. At the same time, they have a good group of talent there. Obviously with Derrick Rose at the helm and being rookie of the year last year and having some very good talent around him. Very good team. If I was able to come there, I’d bring a lot, especially in the low post and being a leader as well. We’ll see what happens.

Q: Are you set on free agency (in 2010)?
A: I’d definitely be open to signing an extension and be locked into a team. Obviously, one that wanted me to be there in the future and one I thought would have a chance to succeed. That would be something me and my agent would explore right away.

Q: Do you see similar aspects of Derrick Rose and (Utah’s Deron) Williams?
A: They’re both big body point guards. They have incredible speed and quickness. Derrick Rose is probably one of the most athletic guards I’ve seen in a very long time. Especially at the point guard position, probably the most athletic point guard I’ve seen. He grew up a lot during the course of the season, had a monster playoff series, a memorable one with Boston.
Bright future, very talented, very humble. I love his demeanor, he never seems shaken, never seems too excited, he always has the same Tim Duncan look; you never know if you’re up by 20 or down by 20. Very explosive player, and I see a lot of similarities between him and Deron. Very good passer, very good explosive player, and he’s fun to watch.

Q: Could you influence Dwayne Wade to come to Chicago?
A: Well, me and D-Wade are very close. We talk quite a bit, but that’s a decision he has to make with himself and obviously if I did come to the Bulls … I’d love to have D-Wade play for us. At the same time, D-Wade is like me and wants to win a championship bad. If I was able to go to the Bulls and get D-Wade to come, we’d be right there at the top of the list. Source: DailyHerald.com

No comments:

Post a Comment